Monday, February 16, 2009

Keeping it up

So on Friday night I went on what was supposed to be a training session, but my knee popped a little bit during the first minute of jogging so I just walked for about a mile and a half. It didn’t pop out of place, it just popped, but I’m not messing around with my knee so I didn’t want to push it.

Then Saturday Nat came over and we went 2.8 miles- with about a .8 mile for both warmup and cooldown. (yes, we properly stretched!) I jogged 4 minutes and she jogged 6 (go Nat!!). We weren’t exact with the timing, because at first we jogged together and she wanted to jog after 2 minutes, so then she went ahead, then a minute later I jogged, so she jogged with me, after only a minute break on her end, so it was hard to keep track of each of our increments. The bottom line with 20 minutes, she got in 6 minutes and I got in 4, with varying breaks of 1-5 minutes in between.

No, I’m not doing as well as I hoped, but I’m keeping it up and doing some sort of jogging, whatever I think my knee can handle, 3 times a week. In the meantime, I’m trying to walk a lot as well and I hope it will get easier as time goes on and I’ll be able to make up lost time as the weeks progress. I may not make it to run/jog the actual whole 5K, but if I can get it done in 40 minutes or less I’ll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment