Wednesday, February 4, 2009

All about pronation

All the runner sites stress the importance of good shoes that are fit to your pronation (which way your foot rolls when you run, thus which part of your foot that bears the most weight) as well as arch height. Since my shoes are from 2007 and I'm pretty sure are general use shoes, I evidently need new shoes and that might help my leg pain by correcting my pronation.

I looked on Runner’s World Shoe Finder and it comes up with recommended shoes for you. There’s also a link which explains pronation in depth, which is helpful because shoes have different cushioning choices and knowing your pronation is important when choosing the right shoe. (or so it says….)

You plug in your weight, pronation, etc, and it comes back the with level of cushion you need….which you can use for your search to come back with specific shoes to choose from.

So, I’m armed with a coupon for the Reebok outlet store and 4 different Reebok shoes that are supposed to be good for my “underpronation”. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment